Nowadays anxiety and depression are a common topic especially if you are dude.
Stress causes Anxiety which in turn leads to depression.
Dealing with day to day work (or looking for a solid career/income), staying up to date socially, maintaining a strong family presence, plus honoring all the responsibilities that come with being the ‘Man of the House’ can take its toll on any adult male (at any stage of their lives).
But what do you do when emotions run hard and we don’t know how to deal with it?
You pull out the Anti-Anxiety Emergency Kit of course!
Besides the moral support and modern anti-depression campaigns on Social Media, there are other methods you should be aware of and practice regularly to combat these feelings that may cause great impact on our lives.
Our body is like a complicated machine made up up of many elements and parts, each of them unique. Therefore we should know how to maintain and ‘service’ our anatomy accordingly. Self respects starts here. How can you take care of someone else and respect them, if you don’t do it for yourself? Well, logical truth is, you cannot!
When feeling anxious try the 5 Senses technique: (source – Smart Living Network)
- Seeing: “What can I see all around me?” I’ll study my surrounding noting all the tiny details.
- Hearing: “What can I hear?” I’ll listen and attempt to place all the sounds I hear – what’s making the noise? Is it near or far? Right or left?
- Feeling: “What am I feeling?” I’ll note both internal and external sensations – fabric or sun or a breeze on my skin, slight tension in certain muscles maybe.
- Smelling: “What can I smell?” Our sense of smell has a powerful tie to our mind, memory, and mood.
- Tasting: “What do I taste?” Yes, even if you’re not eating or chewing on anything, your mouth still has a residual flavor.
Maintaining a healthy diet is essential and the beginning of a stress free life.
Enjoying an outing in moderation is not a bad thing. If you are not willing to give up excessive drinking and copious amounts of fried/fatty foods and have anxiety/depression – look no further!
You are what you eat – a message that normally goes in one ear and out the other.
But how serious are you about beating A+D? And believe me YOU CAN BEAT IT.
Never underestimate the power of Good Food.
Vitamins B & C as well as Antioxidants are ‘Stress Smashers’.
Here are the Top 10 Foods That Reduce Anxiety and Stress (source – Men’s Fitness)
1. Asparagus – Folic Acid
2. Avocado – Vitamin B
3. Blueberries – Antioxidants and Vitamin C
4. Almonds – Vitamin B2 and E
5. Oranges – Vitamin C
6. Salmon – Omega 3
7. Spinach – Magnesium
8. Turkey – Amino Acids
9. Oatmeal – High Fibre
10. Milk – Antioxidants, Vitamin B2 and B12
What is wrong?
“I don’t know.”
Is a common response when we are feeling down. And normally we leave it at that and hope for the best. But the power to know is in your hands (and in your belly).
A good man doesn’t live in wonder, instead firstly, he analysis the problem, secondly he learns the cause and assesses the possible solutions then lastly he implements the best solution accordingly (and maintains it).
When you live a healthy life, your mind becomes a clearer, you think straight, you don’t make harsh decisions because you are too tired or sick. You are more active, you are more mindful and appreciative.
#ItsOkToTalk but #ItsOkToRead too, the same way you feed your body good food, you should be feeding your brain good thought.
I hope this kit helps you out in anyway, cause I know it helps me – a great deal.
If you are still feeling blue get some more support here >>> Beyond Blue.